Zebeta (Bisoprolol) is a blood pressure medication which allows the heart to beat more slowly and regularly. Generic Zebeta is a safe & effective high blood pressure medication with many off-label uses.
Generic Zebeta may also be marketed as: Bisoprolol fumarate, Zebeta
*Zebeta® is a registered trademark of Duramed Pharmaceuticals.
Zebeta 10mg Pills (Generic)
Zebeta 2.5mg Pills (Generic)
Zebeta 5mg Pills (Generic)
Generic Zebeta is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). Generic Zebeta is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Take Generic Zebeta exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medication with a full glass of water.
Take Generic Zebeta at the same time every day.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from Zebeta.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- slow, fast, or pounding heartbeats;
- chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- pain or burning when you urinate; or
- numbness, tingling, or cold feeling in your hands and feet
You should not use Generic Zebeta if you are allergic to bisoprolol, or if you have certain serious heart conditions such as"AV block" or slow heart rhythm.
Generic Zebeta can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of Generic Zebeta.
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- clonidine (Catapres);
- digitalis (digoxin, Lanoxin);
- disopyramide (Norpace);
- guanethidine (Ismelin);
- rifampin (Rifadin, Rifater, Rifamate);
- insulin or diabetes medication you take by mouth;
- another beta-blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin), carvedilol (Coreg), labetalol (Normodyne, Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), sotalol (Betapace), and others;
- a heart medication such as nifedipine (Procardia, Adalat), reserpine (Serpasil), verapamil (Calan, Verelan, Isoptin), or diltiazem (Cartia, Cardizem); or
- medicine for asthma or other breathing disorders, such as albuterol (Ventolin, Proventil), bitolterol (Tornalate), metaproterenol (Alupent), pirbuterol (Maxair), terbutaline (Brethaire, Brethine, Bricanyl), and others.
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Zebeta.
If you miss a dose of Generic Zebeta, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses at once.
Store Generic Zebeta at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep out of the reach of children and away from pets.